Thursday, July 20, 2006

Saddle Time

I have absolutely no idea how difficult this ride down the Oregon coast will be. Vicky Spring and Tom Kirkendall's book, Bicycling the Pacific Coast, rates the entire Oregon route as Moderate. Which I'm assuming means 'tough' for me.

I'm trying to increase my saddle time and mileage. I'm more interested in being fairly sure I can bike 5 or 6 hours a day more than the mileage. I'm sure if I can bike 6 hours that I'll be able to cover 60 miles. That's only ten miles an hour and my average now is in the 13 to 14 range.

So, I did a club ride last night that was about 25 miles... This was the shorter and slower group. Followed by a potluck. The day before I managed 29 miles. Off today. But, I'll ride the next three days in a row.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home