Saturday, September 02, 2006

Just Next Week

Yes, my bicycle trip along the Oregon Coast is just next week. I'd love for anyone living along the coast to join me for part of the ride. I find that riding alone for several hours is...well, a bit lonely. Not really lonely, I guess, considering the passing scene. But, well, it would be nice to have someone to talk to.

I had planned to get in more mileage by the time I started this trip. I've been averaging 100 miles a week, with the longest rides being only about 30 miles. In the last couple of weeks, I've actually gone over 30 miles a couple times. It's hard to get time to bike when one has a business.

Weather is something that I've been thinking about. It's been warm here on Fidalgo Island, Washington, nearly all summer long. No rain to speak of. Probably less than one inch in the past 3 months. Now I'm checking the forecasts for Astoria, Newport and Gold Beach. I see that Gold Beach gets hot more often than Astoria and Newport.

1 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, Art. Come back in one piece!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home